We are offering a 10% discount on our Conservation & Communities combination volunteer project in Zimbabwe. Experience the thrill of interacting with endangered wildlife on our Rhino & Elephant Conservation Programme, and learn about new cultures as you live and work near the world-famous Victoria Falls on our Community Outreach Programme.
** Family-friendly volunteering!
Many volunteers want to experience both wildlife conservation volunteering, and learn more about local communities, so this combination project allows you to do just that! As well as volunteering, you will also have the opportunity to visit the world famous Victoria Falls themselves, and take part in the exciting adrenalin activities that the town has to offer.
This combination conservation and community volunteer programme is particularly suited to volunteers who want to travel during the Zimbabwean school holidays, when some community and school activities on the Rhino & Elephant Programme are unable to be experienced because of school closure. Our community outreach programme in Victoria Falls includes ECD work (Early Childhood Development) in rural pre-schools, which is run throughout the year.
Rhino & Elephant Conservation
Volunteers in Zimbabwe will usually get involved in some or all of the following activities:
- Learn about rhino conservation from experienced local guides, and what the reserve is doing to support the species in Zimbabwe;
- Learn to track and locate rhino using telemetry;
- Collect observational data on rhino and elephant behaviour, health, movements, interactions and browsing activities;
- Provide additional manpower for foot patrols and snare sweeps;
- Secure, repair and check boundary fences;
- Get a sneak peek into the behind-the-scenes operation of a large conservation area;
- Deliver feed and nutritional supplements to sable, zebra, buffalo and other plains game;
- Undertake game counts and herd studies on foot, by vehicle and on horseback;
- Carry out indigenous tree planting, and invasive and alien species removal;
- Get involved with organic gardening, tree planting and beekeeping.
For more details about our project at Imire, please see our Rhino & Elephant Conservation Programme page.
Community Outreach, Victoria Falls
Community engagement is the essence of sustainable conservation, and the Greenline Africa team are dedicated to providing welfare and long term poverty alleviation solutions to local rural communities.
What is unique about this programme is that your itinerary will depend on what the priority projects are at the time. This could depend on the time of year, the weather, what projects are already in progress, and, of course (this is Africa), any unexpected events that may occur.
You can be sure that your days will be filled with interesting work that is genuinely needed, and you will always be doing something purposeful.
Volunteers in Victoria Falls will play an active part in the programmes Greenline are running in the area. This could include:
- Community pre-school ECD projects and feeding programmes;
- Deliver monthly food parcels and help with home repairs and homestead maintenance
- Adult education, training and skills development;
- Work on livelihood projects such as sewing, tree planting and oil production;
- Work with local farmers on agriculture and horticulture projects;
- Help with building projects in and around the communities;
- Meet members of the local community and share ideas and experiences;
- Visit the local schools and experience how African schoolchildren learn.
Day 1: arrive into Zimbabwe. You will be met at Harare International Airport for a car transfer to Imire: Rhino & Wildlife Conservation (2 hours)
Day 2-7: rhino and elephant conservation. All meals and soft drinks are provided, plus there is a laundry service and housekeeper.
Day 8: transfer to Harare Airport for your domestic flight to Victoria Falls (1 hour). You will be met by Gary, the project manager in Victoria Falls, and transferred by car to the comfortable volunteer house, in the Dibutibu rural area (30 minutes).
Day 9-13: during your stay with the Greenline team, you will have the opportunity to visit the majestic, thundering Victoria Falls themselves, do shopping, have a meal, and join any of the adrenalin activities on offer in town (bungee jump, zip line, gorge swing, helicopter rides etc). Three meals a day are provided, and volunteers will assist with cooking and cleaning up. There is a housekeeper who can also do your laundry.
New special offer pricing:
2 week project:
1 week Rhino Conservation / 1 week Community Outreach:
$1,745 **SPECIAL OFFER PRICE – $1,575**
3 week projects:
1 week Rhino Conservation / 2 weeks Community Outreach:
$2,545 **SPECIAL OFFER PRICE $2,295**
2 weeks Rhino Conservation / 1 week Community Outreach:
$2,645 **SPECIAL OFFER PRICE $2,385**
4 week project:
2 weeks Rhino Conservation / 2 weeks Community Outreach:
$3,445 **SPECIAL OFFER PRICE $3,105**
** Special offer terms and conditions:
- This 10% discount cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or discount;
- Special offer applies to bookings made on or after 13th March 2020;
- Offer applies to the above combination projects only.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –